May is here! I can’t believe that we are almost half way through this year already. That’s crazy town to me. 2016 is flying by. A new month means it’s time to set some new goals! Let me start by recapping last month’s goals.
1. More writing – Although I didn’t write a novel this month or anything, I did write more than the previous month so I am happy about that!
2. Start working on family photo album – Well I got to work organizing the photos on my computer, but I haven’t started working on the album. I guess we know what’s going on next month’s list.
3. Office decor – I got some more stuff up on the walls and bought a big canvas for over the futon. So I’m feeling good about that progress!
4. Add and schedule workout variety – I’ve been combining some cardio with some tabata style strength workouts and I’m really liking the variety! I was a bum and didn’t work out at all last week, so I need to get it together!
5. In bed by 10:00, up by 6:00 – Done! Give or take half an hour. Loving this new schedule.
6. Bring a meal to another family – done 🙂 Such an easy way to bless someone!
7. Organize master closet – Not sure if it counts as organizing, but I did clean up and clean out a lot. It no longer looks like a bomb went off in there.
I did clean out and organize the boys’ closets though and I’m loving it. They have access to most of their clothes and their shoes…so that means they are helping put away laundry and get themselves dressed. Love it.
It was a mostly successful month! High five for that!
Here’s what’s on May’s to-do list:
1. Sugar detox – Today is day 1 of a sugar detox challenge I signed up for. Yes, I am voluntarily cutting sugar out of my diet for 2 weeks. Call me crazy if you want. I do eat well for the most part, but I’ve been slacking off lately and I am tired of gaining and losing the same few pounds every few months. I’m also tired of bloating, fatigue, skin break outs, and allergy attacks. So I’m hoping this helps! I will let you know.
2. Paint – I’ve got quite a few commissioned pieces (yay!) to do, so I need to do better with scheduling time to paint, especially with the boys’ getting out of school for summer in a couple of weeks.
3. Date nights – Yes, nights. One date a month is just not ok, y’all! It is hard and inconvenient to do in this season of life, but our marriage is important so we are going to do what it takes to make set aside time together a priority. Whether that’s going out somewhere or just waiting til the boys go to bed to sit at the dining table and eat dinner together, just the two of us. I think this needs to happen once a week! Anyone have any advice on how to make dating your spouse a priority?? We did marry each other for a reason, ya know?
If you follow me on Instagram, then you saw this photo I posted this weekend. We got to drive through Louisiana Tech over the weekend and we stopped to see if our names were still carved into this table at Tech Farm…a place where we went on many dates, and even the spot where Jonathan asked me to marry him. It was sweet to see our names still there, and brought back so many fun memories! Who knew vandalism could be so meaningful??? Ha!
4. Have fun! – This probably sounds silly, but sometimes as the mom it’s hard to let go of all the “to-dos” and just stop and have fun. So I want to do more of that! Go down the slide, sit and color in the coloring book, build a tent in the living room, throw the ball. I just need to write it out as a reminder to not sit on the sidelines or worry about crumbs on the floor.
Well, that’s it. I’m keeping it simple this month. School is out in a few weeks, and I’ve got a lot of work to do so I don’t want to overwhelm myself. Goals are important, but realistic goals are even more important, right?
What’s on your to-do list for this month? Let me know in the comments.