Happy March y’all! A new month means it’s time for some new goals. Before we get to that, I want to go back and see how I did on last month’s goals.
1. Finish 21 Day Fix Extreme and then start it again – I halfway did this one! I did finish 21 Day Fix Extreme, but decided to start something else instead of jumping directly into another round. I have consistently worked out 5-6 times a week all month which was my main point. Here is a “before and after” from the month!
Bye bye bloat and extra fluff! I am hoping to run another 30 day challenge in the next week or two, so please let me know if you’d be interested in joining! I definitely need a fresh dose of accountability and commitment #toomuchvalentinescandy #allthechocolate.
2. Paint the office desk – Done! And it turned out so great! I used white chalk paint and clear wax on it. The whole office is finally coming together, and I really like being in there. I may have hidden in there a few times the past few weeks to “work”/get something done in peace and quiet. Being in the office makes it more legit, right?
3. Have at least one date night – Didn’t happen 🙁 We had one dinner night with friends planned, but Jonathan was stuck at work so I went by myself. Definitely need to remedy that!
4. Donate toys and clothes – Y’all! The box of stuff is still in my trunk. I’m so ashamed!
5. Go to sleep before 11:00 every night – I did this about 75% of the time. I was definitely more mindful of bedtime and was IN bed by 10:00 or 11:00, but some nights I stayed up reading or watching TV closer to midnight. And I almost always regret doing that the next morning haha.
6. Figure out Valentine’s treats for kids’ classes – Done! And they were very cute. Sadly I don’t have a picture!!! But they said “You are dino-mite!” and had a little plastic dinosaur toy attached to them with washi tape. They would have been a lot cuter had my printer worked and I didn’t have to hand write them all!
Alrighty…let’s move on to March’s goals!
*Sidenote: my planner is the Erin Condren Life Planner and it is AMAZING. I love it. This is my third year with one and I one million percent recommend it. You can purchase using my referral link here.
1. Donate the dang toys and clothes! For real. It’s not doing anyone any good in the back of my van. Somebody yell at me if I don’t do it this month.
2. Read two books. I’m almost done with “Interrupted”, and I’ve got “Big Magic” by Elizabeth Gilbert to read next. I’m excited about that one! Any suggestions for my second book this month??? I have jury duty next week so I’m hoping that will give me some good reading time. That’s the only reason I’m remotely looking forward to it. I’ve been thinking about doing a blog book club in the future. Let me know if you’d be interested in something like that!
3. Date night! I feel like this needs to be a goal every month. We get babysitters for all kind of other events so often, but a one-on-one date night is needed (I feel like that sounds like an episode of The Bachelor). How do you manage making date night a priority? And what are some fun date night ideas besides the standard dinner and a movie?
4. No social media on the weekends. This one made me nervous to write out. I definitely do less social media on Saturdays and Sundays, but this month I am going to see how it feels to stay off of it completely in an effort to be more present and active with my kids and Jonathan. Mandy from House of Rose Blog says she deletes the apps (FB, IG, etc.) from her phone every weekend, and puts them back on Monday. I think I will try it! Anyone want to join in with me?
5. Decorate/finish the the office. I really have been wanting to share some house tour photos on here, but none of our rooms are really “finished”. The living room is almost there, but that’s it. Since we got so much done in the office last month, I want to keep the momentum going. Really that just means getting some art on the walls and a few organization things for the closets. So next month you can expect an office makeover post!
6. No wheat, no dairy. I know I can do this because I’ve done it many times before, but I have a problem sticking to it when I’m not running a challenge. Even though I know I feel SO much better when these things are out of my diet. Not only am I less bloated, but I also have more energy and my allergies are better. I am also thinking there may be a connection between these things (and processed foods) and my mood. I just feel lousy when I am letting too much processed stuff in my diet. I find myself more easily irritated than usual. So I want to stick to it for a month and try to really take note of if it helps or not. I will let y’all know! I will probably be using a lot of recipes from my 20 easy & healthy recipes post!
I think that’s a good amount for the month. I’m hoping I can report back on April 1 that I 100% stuck to all 6 #wishfulthinking! What goals are you setting for the month?? Or what’s on your to-do list for March? Share ’em in the comments and let’s hold each other accountable and cheer each other on!