Yesterday I was doing my morning ritual of reading through some of my favorite blogs, and I was inspired by Mix and Match Mama’s post about her goals for the month. I have been learning the value of planning and being intentional in day to day activities, from meal planning to chores to daily goals. Jonathan and I love to give each other cheesy motivational quotes, and one of my favs is “failing to plan is planning to fail.” Cheesy, yes, but also very true!! So how great would it be to start out each month with an intentional list of things I want to accomplish? I know I’m 3 days into June already, but better late than never, right?! Right
1. Go outside and play everyday, unless it’s “too raining”. Evan loves LOVES being outside and running around. And he has so much energy so it’s good for him to be able to get all of that out without getting fussed at inside for being crazy. And a little extra vitamin D is never a bad thing!
2. Get my camera out at home, not just at work. I talked about this a little in my post from yesterday. I am currently doing an online workshop on lifestyle photography, so I think it will be great to apply this to my day to day life with my family and friends. Each week has an “assignment” so that is already helping me! I want to have beautiful images to look back on, not just quick and non-thought-out iPhone photos.
3. Stay on top of my health and fitness plan. I mentioned the other day that I signed up for a second 30-day challenge group. Yesterday was Day 1! I really was surprised at how easy it was for me to stick to my goals for the last challenge. I have never 100% stuck to something like that before and I feel so so accomplished. I feel like this is truly the new normal for me and a lifestyle change! The accountability has been huge for me. I’m thinking about offering my own challenge groups in the future since they have been such a game changer for me. I will keep y’all posted on that if it happens! How cute is my “personal trainer”???
4. Read a book! Yes, a book. I feel like I never have time to read now. It’s so hard with little bitty kids. There isn’t time during the day, and at night I am just ready to be in bed. I want to put down the phone when I get in bed and pull out a book instead. My sister-in-law is writing a book (so cool right?!) and she has let me read the first part of it…still waiting on the rest! I hope it gets published so I can recommend it to y’all! It is SO SO good so far. Anyone have a recommendation for what to read this month??
5. Organize last year’s personal photos. I really really want to make a yearly album for our family. The thought of sitting down to start that process is so overwhelming. I have been doing better this year with organizing photos from the moment they get on my computer. I just need to do the backtracking part now. Maybe next month’s goal will be to make the album once I get the organization part done this month. Here’s to accountability to get it done!!!
Ok I think that’s it for now! What would you add to the list? What goals do you want to make for the month? Let me know in the comments. Let’s conquer them together!