June!? This is crazy. I really couldn’t believe it when I looked down at my calendar (hence why this post is coming a little later than normal). I don’t know how this one snuck up on me. For some reason my brain is still in spring mode, so I’m just having a hard time wrapping my mind around summer! But it’s here so I better get on board. Time for some new goals for the month!
First let me recap last month…
1. Sugar detox – I did it! And it was so great! It really wasn’t as hard as I was expecting. I had more energy for sure, which was awesome. I was able to start waking up early in the morning to get my workout in, which I never have been able to do before. I didn’t feel as hungry either. I’ve been keeping my meals pretty much in line with the way I ate during the detox, although the last few days have been a hot mess after being out of town. Thankfully I am starting my own detox group with some girls next week to help me stay on track.
Here are my before and after pics from the 2 week detox I just did! I dropped 6.5 pounds (wooooo!).
Please excuse the hair and face situation. I always take these pics first thing in the morning… #Iwokeuplikethis
2. Paint – I finished up my current commissioned series and am getting started on the next.
3. Date nights – We had a dinner night with friends this month, date night at home (dinner and a rented movie), and then this past weekend we spontaneously (as in I got home from a weekend trip and we turned around and left an hour later) booked 2 nights at the Harrah’s in Biloxi while the boys were at Jonathan’s parents. It was SO fun. We got to spend lots of time together, go to the movies (twice), and eat all the food. So much fun.
4. Have fun! – So much fun has been had this month!
Now on to June!
1. Read 2 books – My book reading has gone a little bit downhill this past month. I’m currently reading Interrupted (again) with a group of girls, so I may need to find some light reading books to have on hand! Any suggestions?!
2. Visit the library – I’ve never taken the boys to the library! And I can’t remember the last time I went in a library…it’s been a few years. So this month I want us all to go to the library and get cards. We live in a new parish now, so I need to find where our local library is and pay it a visit. That sounds like a great summer activity, and both of my boys love books!
3. Play outside – A LOT! – We are already well on our way with this one. The boys were FILTHY with dirt and sweat at bath time tonight. I’ve got an inflatable pool coming in the mail on Friday. Planning to head to Costco this weekend and get a pop-up tent to have in the backyard for shade. We’ve got a sprinkler, water shooters, beach balls, side walk chalk. All the things. Yes, it will be hot, but I want them to be worn out and have fun and not succumb to Disney movies on all day long.
4. Workout 5-6 times per week – I’ve been doing pretty good with this the last few weeks, but with our schedule being more relaxed now that school is out, I don’t want to slack off. So here I am putting it out there for accountability. I will probably stick with the Tone It Up workouts I mentioned on Friday for a while.
5. Finish all current painting commissions – I’ve got a series of 2 to finish, and then a series of 4 right after that. I also have one to do for my sister, but that’s not a paid commission so I won’t feel bad if it’s not done by the end of the month. We shall see 😉 It’s going to be hard to make myself make the time for it since the boys are with me all day. Every day. EVERY DAY. ALL DAY. #countingdowntoseptember
6. Paint just because – I love that people pay me to paint for them! But in between that I have to paint just because I want to. Because that’s why I started doing it in the first place. I hope making it a “to-do” item doesn’t take the fun out of it. I’ll be sure to share all of these paintings in next month’s post!
That’s it for June, y’all! I’m hoping this will help keep me motivated. I’d love to hear what your goals for the month are. And what are you most looking forward to this summer?! Let me know in the comments!